- The abstract must be related to infectious diseases – either clinical, laboratory or community-based cases or materials and unpublished previously.
- The presenting author must register for the conference before submitting the abstract. The presenting author is allowed to present one abstract only, but may appear as a co-author in more than one abstract.
- The abstract must be submitted in English, typewritten in font size 11 Arial with double spacing.
- Please type the main author and co-authors' names and degrees as you want it to appear in the programme book. Please underline the presenting author's name.
- No exact format or style, but preferably the abstracts consist of Title, Authors, Brief Introduction, Objectives, Methodology, Results & Discussion, Conclusion.
- Text of all abstract must not exceed 250 words and typed in double –spacing, with only left margin justified. Graphs, tables, or Illustrations should not be included.
- The organiser will acknowledge the receipt of all abstracts within one week or latest 5thJune 2018 and provide a registration number.
- The selection of abstracts will be done by a scientific committee of the conference, and the decision is final.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the rights to reject/ categories/ determine the mode of presentation (oral or poster) of a submitted abstract.
- Eight best papers from presenting authors under 40 years-old will be chosen to present at the Young Investigators Award (YIA) session.
- There will be prizes for the winner of YIA, and the best oral presentation and poster presentation in all three categories, namely; clinical, laboratory and community-based papers
Abstract submission form (click here)
Guidelines for Presentation
- 8 minutes presentation + 2 minutes for Q&A
- Preferably using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Please load your presentation on the assigned computer at least 4 hours prior to the presentation.
- A Microsoft Windows-based laptop will be available during the presentation session.
- If you are combining video in the presentation, please ensure it is compatible with the computer in the presentation hall.
- If you would like to use your own laptop, please bring along your own VGA adapter or accessory to connect to the projector if required.
- Dimension of poster in Portrait: Maximum 1m × 1m.
- Poster presenters must be present during scheduled poster session.
- Poster should be displayed from the day of registration till the closing ceremony.
- Scientific committee will provide double sticking tape/thumb tax
Copyright and Publication of Abstracts
- Submission of an abstract implies that it has been approved by all listed authors.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the official abstract Flash Disc, which will be made available at the Conference during registration. The abstracts will be published as proceedings in the Faculty of Medicine, UniSZA Journal, Asian Journal of Medicine and Biomedicine (AJMB).
- By submitting an abstract, author(s) agree to transfer its copyright and to consent to its publication as above.